Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Gift

Winter snow is falling down, children laughing all around.

Lights are turnin' on, like a fairy tale come true.

Sitting by the fire we made, you're the answer when I prayed

I would find some one, and baby I found you.

And all I want is to hold you forever.

All I need is you more everyday. You saved my heart from being broken apart,

you gave your love away, and I'm thankful everyday for the gift.


Dearest Jamey,


Nearly thirteen years ago you gave me your heart and pledged your love at our wedding. Nearly 8 years ago you gave me your heart again, at even greater risk. God used you to change my life forever that day. The lyrics to this song have always been meaningful to me because I believe that you did save my heart and my life from ruin when you chose to give me your heart again. We have climbed mountains and we have certainly walked some dark valleys together. Through all of it we have grown closer and more appreciative of what the other brings to our partnership. So, as we begin this time of exciting change and progress in our lives I celebrate you as my partner in all these adventures. You are my best friend, you are wise counsel, you are my own personal comedian and a fiercely loyal partner regardless of circumstance. Thank you, dear one, for giving your love away not once, or even twice, but every day. Thank you for taking a risk with your trust and faith in me. Thank you for being authentic with me and letting me in to your life. Thank you for always being on the front lines fighting for US. I love you more than I know how to say. Happy Valentine’s Day.


Your wife

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious Karrie~

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful partnership, and a wonderful testimony to both the loyalty and love, honor and friendship we all should share.
Thank you for sharing the blessing of your love.

Your friend and sister,
Tina

James Diggs said...

Thanks Baby, I love you too. I guess we think alike because I got on here to post something for you on Valentines Day and got a wonderful surprise instead. I posted something anyway and it is posted beneath this one. (I did not want to be a “blog hog” and upstage the open letter that you wrote me.)

Thanks for the song Karrie, living with out you would be like having a world with out music and beauty. I am thankful that I do not have to live without either and that the same hands of God that formed all of creation also has and is continually forming our marriage and our life together.

Jamey

Melissa said...

No words here. Just thankfulness and wonder and joy at God's works in you/us.

So much love,
Missy

Anonymous said...

A friend loves at all times...

Emmachka said...

We thank God with you and for you... both your entries are so beautiful, and the image of you both trying to surprise the other... precious. You are a beautiful pair, dancing a beautiful dance!! We love you so,
Em & Kevin

Anonymous said...

Dearest Karrie and James, Your love and strength are awe inspiring! Your marriage is a great reflection of God's great love and His greater mercy in our lives. When we met in the fall -winter of 99, I never thought you would have such an impact on my life. My marriage is the better for it! I have wanted to share my heart for quite some time about how your example of love and commitment, imperfection and forgiveness have truly been a guide for Clint and I. You do not just do church, you are the church. You guide people in love, and hold them accountable. I am ECSTATIC that our Heavenly Father has allowed us to be stationed in MD. We look forward to being near you for as long as the Navy lets us!
We love you, Sandye