Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Girl

This little girl started from the beginning to redefine parenting for me. She has challenged most of my assumptions and pushed buttons I didn't know I had! And I wouldn't give back a minute of it. She is vibrant and strong and her contagious laugh makes it nearly impossible not to join in. I love her penchant for flare and flash and her unabashed expression of her own style. She sings nearly every minute, even under her breath when she is supposed to be quiet. I love this girl. I love her passion. If she cares about something...she CARES about it, whether we find it of much concern or none at all, she feels it all in a BIG way. This is going to be valuable someday.

My prayer for my girl is that the she will allow her passionate spirit to be gently harnessed by God.The world needs folks with her passion who are in love with their Lord and driven to share it with all they meet. Its no accident that she is the girl she is, I am proud to be her Mama and I know I still will learn so much as I seek to shape her in the way the Lord would have me shape her.

1 comment:

Emmachka said...

such a treasure, this girl. Is it a girl thing, the way they challenge everything in us? Kev recently said, "You know, I don'g really GET most of what happens around here with you two. It's all kisses and kittens one second, and a second later - POW! Fireworks!!" Yeah... that's true. We love you so much.