Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A Precious Guy

Here's a precious guy for you. What would life be like without this boy in it? I have learned so much about relationships from him. He is a lot like me; worried about everyone and trying to fix "it", tempted to say what you want to hear. He is also light years ahead of me, he has humble confidence, such a kind heart, and a wit that will soon blast past his Dad's. His enthusiasm for the upcoming changes in his life has been a shining example and encouragement to me. He embraces challenge ready to succeed but okay with the possibility of failing. His perspective has served to take some of the sting out of the coming separation. I have learned through prayer, thinking, prayer, ( and did I say prayer?) that I have believed that being with me is the perfect place for him. While its a good place, probably one of the better places, its not THE place for him. God is the place for this precious young man. Wherever he attends school be it home, public, private or none at all - God is where he belongs and all else can be filtered through that truth. While I don't look forward to letting him go, I am so thankful to have the more than capable hands of our heavenly Father to place him in. I am privileged to walk beside him in this new chapter of his journey, as his mother and his friend.

1 comment:

Emmachka said...

So beautiful, dear sister. And that little man - what a blessing! It is exciting to see his character shine as it does, and to see how he trusts God even so young. We love you all so much! We are excited about your future, and although I can only IMAGINE how large the changes are looming - we know God is bigger. This is a touching and precious blog entry - keep it coming!